Friday, September 21, 2012

Who Do I Follow on Twitter?

I use Twitter to follow people/organizations whose whereabouts/thoughts/activities I care to know about. Celebrities, athletes and comedians are fun to follow for entertainment purposes. Politicians and news agencies keep me up-to-date and informed about current events. Lehigh programs let me know what's going on around campus and remind me about upcoming meetings, speakers, sporting events, etc. I may want to attend. I mainly started following non-profits as part of the assignment; I do not follow any non-profits on my private Twitter account. Other than that I follow friends and professors, several local Bethlehem businesses and a few other accounts such as Web MD (in case of an emergency!) and The Weather Channel.

Celebrities:
Ashton Kutcher
Mariah Carey
Britney Spears
Kim Kardashian
Beyonce Knowles
Oprah Winfrey
Justin Timberlake
Katy Perry
Steve Carell

Political:
Joe Biden
Paul Ryan
Barack Obama
Mitt Romney
Bill Clinton
POLITICO

Non-profits:
ArtsQuest
Penn State University THON
American Heart Association
Habitat for Humanity
Clinton Foundation

News sources:
Lehigh U News
Wall Street Journal
The New York Times
The Morning Call
The Brown and White
PBS
BBC
Reuters
FOX News
ABC News
Political Zap

Lehigh programs:
Lehigh Greek Life
Lehigh Business Careers in Entertainment Club
Lehigh Athletics
Lehigh Gamma Phi Beta Sorority
Lehigh Lacrosse

Other:
Loose Threads
Horns
LV with Love
Students
Professors
WebMD
The Weather Channel

1 comment:

  1. Good start to your followers. Now, how are you engaging with accounts that aren't friends? Three actions on twitter that will help you understand the community you may wish to engage with in the future: create content (you're doing that), reply to content (not just your friends) and RT (share) content. Watch you community grow.

    In relation to your previous post, why not follow @PBS39Connect?

    ReplyDelete